The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, the dominant online news source in Central and Northern Saskatchewan, is expanding and adding a new online portal with a focus on agricultural news. We want you to be our next star Editor/Reporter. Ideally, you’d be based out of the Melfort or Nipawin area but work in conjunction with the largest newsroom in the region based in Prince Albert. The ideal candidate will have excellent news judgement and the ability to produce compelling content from conception to completion for both print and radio. A solid grasp of video for content would be an asset. Responsibilities will also include proofreading and editing copy and publishing material on all of our websites and social media. Weekend shifts and other duties as assigned may also be required.
You may be the Reporter/Editor we’re looking for if you:
- understand the importance of “local” in local news and bring ideas to work every day
- have a degree, diploma or equivalent experience from a recognized broadcast program
- have solid writing skills and sound knowledge of Canadian Press style and editing
- can assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- have working knowledge of online platforms and SEO concepts
- are willing to perform other duties as needed
- have a valid driver’s licence
Please send your resume, broadcast demo or writing examples, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by February 28, 2018.
Director of Information Programming
1316 Central Avenue
Prince Albert, SK S6V 6P5
Deadline:February 28, 2018
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.