The Island Radio Division of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has an exciting opening for a full-time Afternoon Drive Announcer/Promotions Coordinator in Port Alberni.
- The on air shifts will include weekday afternoons on our Classic Hits/Hot AC station 93.3 The Peak.
- You have a proven track record of listener engagement and community involvement
- Experience in marketing and promotions is an asset.
- You will also be involved in Social Media, Remotes, MCing, event hosting, commercial voicing, voice-tracking and all the other regular duties of an announcer.
- You are creative, quick, efficient, organized and have a sense of humour.
- Creatively organize and execute station promotions and marketing initiatives.
- Develop promotional concepts designed to build audience and/or generate sales.
- Maintain station website in consultation with other Promo staff on Vancouver Island.
- Work with community organizations to assist them in the promotion and awareness of their non-profit community events.
- Liaison with Sales to coordinate prizing and involvement in promotions.
- You want to live on Canada’s west coast. Port Alberni is one of the most affordable places to live, work and play on spectacular Vancouver Island
- You have a valid driver’s license.
Please send your resume and aircheck **(no ‘best-of’ airchecks, a real skim please)** and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by February 27, 2017 to: