Afternoon Drive Announcer / Promotions
The Island Radio Division of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has an exciting opening for a full-time Afternoon Drive Announcer/Promotions Coordinator in Port Alberni.
- The on air shifts will include weekday afternoons on our Classic Hits/Hot AC station 93.3 The Peak.
- You have a proven track record of listener engagement and community involvement
- Experience in marketing and promotions is an asset.
- You will also be involved in Social Media, Remotes, MCing, event hosting, commercial voicing, voice-tracking and all the other regular duties of an announcer.
- You are creative, quick, efficient, organized and have a sense of humour.
- Creatively organize and execute station promotions and marketing initiatives.
- Develop promotional concepts designed to build audience and/or generate sales.
- Maintain station website in consultation with other Promo staff on Vancouver Island.
- Work with community organizations to assist them in the promotion and awareness of their non-profit community events.
- Liaison with Sales to coordinate prizing and involvement in promotions.
- You want to live on Canada’s west coast. Port Alberni is one of the most affordable places to live, work and play on spectacular Vancouver Island
- You have a valid driver’s license.
Please send your resume and aircheck **(no ‘best-of’ airchecks, a real skim please)** and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by February 27, 2017 to:
Deadline:February 27, 2017
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.