Do have a passion for local news and aren’t afraid to get out of your seat and track down the stories that matter? If so, we have the perfect gig for you!
EverythingGP in Grande Prairie, Alberta is looking for someone great to join our team.
- Prepare and read newscasts, focusing on what is local and relevant to our audience
- Generate original story ideas daily
- Produce compelling on-air and online content
- Edit and post news and sports stories to our website
- Broadcast/Journalism diploma
- Self-starter who also takes direction well
- Able to work with a team and independently
- Ability to write clear, concise and grammatically correct web copy
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms
- Photography and videography skills are an asset
- Understands and appreciates the importance of local, community-focused storytelling
- Valid driver’s license
Please send your resume, news writing sample, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by October 25, 2019 to:
Ken Norman – General Manager, EverythingGP
Deadline:October 25, 2019
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.