The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group in Grande Prairie is looking for a talented journalist with a passion for delivering the most compelling stories to join our news team. The successful candidate will perform on air work, general reporting duties, web posting and editing. This is a full-time position; Monday to Friday.
- Prepare and read newscasts, focusing on what is local and relevant to our audience
- Generate original story ideas daily
- Produce compelling content for both on air and online
- Edit and post news and sports stories to our websites and social media pages
- Fill in for vacation and sick days as needed
- Broadcast/Journalism diploma is essential
- Minimum two years anchor/reporter experience
- A team player who thrives in a busy environment
- Self starter who also takes direction well
- Ability to write clear, concise and grammatically correct web copy
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms
- Video journalism and photography skills an asset
- Understands and appreciates news happens around the clock
- Valid driver’s license
Please send your resume, news writing sample, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by October 16, 2017 to:
Big Country 93.1 FM, Q99 FM Grande Prairie
Deadline:October 16, 2017
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.