The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Technical team supports and maintains 48 Radio stations and 3 Television stations in Western Canada. We are looking for a Broadcast Technician for Kamloops Broadcast Centre, CFJC-TV, 98.3 CIFM and B-100.
If you are a self-motivated individual who enjoys a challenge, needs little supervision and wants to join a team of highly trained and experienced broadcast technicians we want to hear from you.
- Maintenance, repair and installation of audio/video studio and transmission equipment, computer equipment and associated servers, and networks.
- Maintenance of AXIA AoIP audio, WOAFR on air system, Music Master and Burli Newsroom.
- Support the technical operation of our radio stations, TV newscasts and production equipment.
- Assist with the design and installation of radio and TV Broadcast solutions.
- Assist with technical requirements for remote broadcasts.
- Develop studio and transmitter projects in conjunction with the Technical Manager.
- Develop and maintain technical records and drawings using MS Excel and Visio.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support for all broadcast systems.
- Liaise with other departments on technical matters.
- Graduate of recognized Broadcast Technician, Electronics Technician or Technologist program.
- Knowledge and experience with FM and TV transmission systems.
- Knowledge and experience with computer hardware, software and basic Local Area Networks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analysis of end-to-end workflows.
- Organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal support as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive in maintenance and repair of studio and transmitter equipment.
- Detail oriented with the ability to see projects and tasks through to completion.
- The successful candidate will hold a valid driver’s license as some travel may be required to assist other locations as needed.
- Be willing to learn and update your knowledge of broadcast and computer systems, master control and transmission equipment.
- Proficient in English, spoken and written.
- Must be physically fit and able to care out all duties and responsibilities safely and independently
Please forward your resume, supporting materials and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID Form by December 10, 2018 to:
Director, Technical Services
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group LP
Deadline:December 10, 2018
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.