Digital Broadcast Journalist
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group is currently seeking a full-time Digital Broadcast Journalist to join our news team in Medicine Hat. If you are passionate about news, keep up to date on current affairs and love to tell stories that impact people, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the News Director, the successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early morning, days, evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute original story ideas on a daily basis
- Write and produce content under various deadlines for our digital, television, radio, and social media platforms.
- Shoot and Edit ENG video for broadcast and online
- Establish contacts within Medicine Hat and surrounding areas
- Represent the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group at community events
- Perform other duties as required
- Diploma/Degree in Broadcasting
- Minimum of one year of experience working in the industry as a Digital Broadcast Journalist
- Proven ability to tell stories creatively and write to pictures
- Proven ability to shoot and edit on Adobe Premier Pro
- Ability to go live from the field with strong ad-lib and on-air presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Positive attitude with a drive to get the story
- A valid driver’s license and a clear driving record.
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and demo tape by October 18th, 2019 to:
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Medicine Hat
No phone calls please.
Deadline:October 18, 2019
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.