General Sales Manager – Edmonton, AB
102.3 NOW Radio & Up 99.3 – Edmonton, AB
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has a management opportunity for a passionate sales leader with experience building and guiding high performance teams in Edmonton, AB.
Who WE are:
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group is Canada’s largest private, western-based broadcasting company with stations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. With 45 FM, 3 AM radio stations, combined with 3 independent television stations and 17 online news portals, the Broadcast Group has developed into a vibrant, successful and well-respected company.
We’re looking for an individual who lives by our Pattison values of Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration, Innovation, Quality and Customer Service. We’re a growing and leading media and broadcast company that respects our people and is firmly committed to growing our Wildly Talented Team!
Who YOU are:
You are a collaborative leader who recognizes opportunities, plans for success and is results oriented. You demonstrate decisiveness under difficult circumstances. As General Sales Manager you would have the ability to lead a team and foster an open and honest environment.
Our ideal candidate values their team first and foremost. They are skilled at supportive measures such as mentorship and development all the while meticulously managing client relations. This role is also responsible for setting revenue objectives while implementing initiatives to achieve those targets.
About the Role:
You would report to the Director of Metro Sales and Edmonton General Manager, with the following key responsibilities:
- Lead by example and set the standard of excellence for our Edmonton sales teams.
- Responsible for maximizing advertising revenue on radio and digital platforms, while managing key client accounts and senior relationships
- Establish local sales budget/ forecasts in conjunction with Director of Metro Sales and GM.
- Train, motivate and inspire local sales team members to maximize job performance and engagement.
- Identify and develop areas of strength both individually and team-based to strategically gain competitive advantage
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with traffic, creative, production, promotions, programming and financial departments.
- Minimum 3 years sales management experience, plus minimum 5 years of related experience in a sales position.
- University degree in relevant field is an asset.
- Highly responsible and reliable with exceptional attention to detail.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of the Broadcasting and Media industry.
- Experience with selling digital media is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to manage a team of high performers.
- Understanding of Numeris ratings.
- Knowledge of CRM platforms is an asset.
- Experience in effectively managing station budgets and exceeding revenue goals.
- Competitive mindset with strong analytical, organizational and persuasion skills.
- Highly creative, innovative, enthusiastic and strategic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of WideOrbit an asset.
- Excellent prospecting and presentation skills.
If you think you’d be a good match, we’d love to meet you! Please send your resume, references and New Applicant Self ID form by March 12th, 2021 in confidence to:
General Manager, Calgary & Edmonton
Deadline:March 12, 2021
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
JPBG is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.