TODAY’S COUNTRY, QX104, has an opportunity to join our team as morning show co-host for the QX Nation.
If you have an outgoing personality, enjoy entertaining, have a penchant for the Winnipeg community and totally love the country music genre then we want to talk to you. Applicants must be social media savvy and be ready to connect and engage with the station’s target audience, 18-54.
The successful candidate wants to be in Winnipeg, is eager to build relationships in our community and will be proud to be part of a successful station that digs our audience, our brand and our family of employees.
You should also know that we take great pride in winning!
- Regular on-air shifts 6 – 10am Monday through Friday
- Preparing and planning the live morning show, including research and interviews
- Must be available for remote broadcasts and station appearances, as required
- Voice tracking & vacation relief
- Daily contribution to digital platforms including social media
- Regular production including voicing
- Motivated to win
- Must be extremely energetic and love getting out and into the community
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively, on and off-air
- Strong communication skills, ability to write and a high level of creativity
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and passion for the country music genre
- The ideal candidate will have post-secondary education in broadcasting or related experience
- Collaborative personality; desire to win; sense of humour; integrity
- At least 5 years on-air experience. Morning Show experience is an asset
- Understanding of Winnipeg and the community we serve
- A valid driver’s license
- Industry references
- Knowledge of (Wide Orbit) operation of broadcast consoles an asset
Please send your Resume, Demo and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by Friday, February 2, 2018 to Janet Trecarten, Program Director at