Big Country and Q99 of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has an opening for a full-time News Anchor/Reporter. Position will depend on experience and qualifications. We are looking for someone with a passion for news and a desire to grow, to join our dynamic news team.
- Prepare and read newscasts, focusing on what is local and relevant to our listening audience.
- Source and write local/regional news stories through established contacts and available sources.
- Post news and sports stories to both station’s websites and social media pages.
- Prepare and read/record newscasts during vacation periods, sick days, etc. as needed.
- Dig up leads and story ideas.
- Must be a team player that thrives in a busy environment.
- Self starter that also takes direction well.
- Must be familiar with social media including Facebook and Twitter.
- Broadcast/Journalism diploma is essential.
- Minimum two years Anchor/Reporter experience
- Have a valid driver’s license
Please send your resume, news writing sample, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by February 28, 2017 to:
Big Country 93.1 FM, Q99 FM Grande Prairie