Big Country and Q99 of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has an opening for a full-time News Anchor/Reporter. Position will depend on experience and qualifications. We are looking for someone with a passion for news and a desire to grow, to join our dynamic news team.
- Prepare and read newscasts, focusing on what is local and relevant to our listening audience.
- Source and write local/regional news stories through established contacts and available sources.
- Post news and sports stories to both station’s websites and social media pages.
- Prepare and read/record newscasts during vacation periods, sick days, etc. as needed.
- Dig up leads and story ideas.
- Must be a team player that thrives in a busy environment.
- Self starter that also takes direction well.
- Must be familiar with social media including Facebook and Twitter.
- Broadcast/Journalism diploma is essential.
- Minimum two years Anchor/Reporter experience
- Have a valid driver’s license
Please send your resume, news writing sample, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by February 28, 2017 to:
Big Country 93.1 FM, Q99 FM Grande Prairie
Deadline:February 28, 2017
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.