News and Sports Reporter
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has an opportunity for a full-time Sports and News Reporter to join our team in Medicine Hat. If you are a seasoned journalist who wants to help reinvent the way we deliver content across all platforms, we want to hear from you.
Working under the News and Sports Director, this position will require you to:
- Gather, write, and anchor Sportscasts
- Develop enterprising sports and news stories for broadcast and digital
- Effectively use social media to share and promote our local content
- Produce Tigers Time Out, a weekly segment dedicated to the Medicine Hat tigers
- Develop and maintain contacts within the local community
- Anchor sportscasts live on location at various times throughout the year
- Passionate about all levels of sports
- Extensive sports knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of current affairs especially issues impacting Medicine Hat
- Minimum 3 years anchoring news or sports in a television news market
- Strong on-air presentation with ability to delivery scripts clearly
- Ability to shoot and edit
- Familiar with Adobe Premier Pro
- Effective time management skills
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, demo tape and new applicant self ID form by March 6th, 2020 to:
News and Sports Director
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Medicine Hat
No phone calls please.
Deadline:March 6, 2020
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.