Do have a passion for local news and having fun time on the radio? If so, we have the perfect gig for you!
B-94 in Rocky Mountain House is looking for its next News/Morning Co-host superstar. The successful applicant will experience the best of both worlds – creating great local news stories for B-94 and rdnewsNOW and sharing them with our listening and reading audiences!
- Prepare and read newscasts, focusing on what is local and relevant to our audience
• Generate original story ideas on a daily basis
• Produce compelling on-air and online content
• Edit and post news and sports stories to our website (rdnewsNOW.com)
• Co-host our weekday morning show on B-94
- Broadcast/Journalism diploma
• Self-starter who also takes direction well
• Able to work with a team and independently
• Ability to write clear, concise and grammatically correct web copy
• Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms
• Photography skills are an asset
• Understands and appreciates the importance of local, community-focused storytelling
• Valid driver’s license
Please send your resume, news writing sample, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by March 16, 2018 to:
News Director – rdnewsNOW and B-94
Deadline:March 16, 2018
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.