Newsperson – Website Editor
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group is looking for a talented journalist to join our team in Grande Prairie. The successful candidate will an integral part of our news operation, assisting in general reporting duties, web posting and editing, and on-air work as required. This is a full-time position.
- Edit and upload stories to our websites
- Generate original story ideas and contribute to our weekly coverage of locally reflective news
- Move our stories seamlessly to all social media platforms
- Take original photographs and videos for news use
- Some radio broadcasting and general reporting may be required
- Broadcast/Journalism diploma is essential
- Minimum 1-2 years in journalism
- Very strong written and grammar skills (knowledge of CP style)
- Able to adapt under pressure, work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
- Strong news judgement/journalistic integrity
- Video journalism and photography skills an asset
- Self started who works well in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in on-air news broadcast would be beneficial but not necessary
Please send your resume, news writing sample, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by September 25, 2017 to:
Big Country 93.1 FM, Q99 FM Grande Prairie
Deadline:September 25, 2017
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.