The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group is looking for a talented journalist to join our team in Prince George, BC. The successful candidate will an integral part of our news operation, assisting in general reporting duties, web posting and editing, and on-air work as required. This is a permanent full-time position.
The ideal candidate will have experience in providing news coverage of business, government, and courts. Interest in and experience covering politics is an asset.
- Edit and upload stories to our websites;
- Generate original stories & contribute to our daily coverage of locally reflective news;
- Move our stories seamlessly to all social media platforms;
- Take original photographs and videos for news use;
- Some radio & TV broadcasting and general reporting will be required.
- Broadcast/Journalism diploma is essential;
- Minimum 1-2 years in journalism;
- Very strong written and grammar skills (knowledge of CP style);
- Able to adapt under pressure, work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines;
- Strong news judgement/journalistic integrity;
- Video journalism and photography skills an asset;
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Experience in on-air broadcast news would be beneficial but not necessary.
We provide excellent wages and a great benefits package. Northern British Columbia offers a wide variety of activities for anyone who loves the great outdoors. Prince George is a city of about 80,000. It features all of the modern conveniences of a big city, without the big city inconveniences. For more information visit: http://moveupprincegeorge.ca
Please send a resume and samples of your work to: Greg Fry, CKPG News Director, 1810-3rd Avenue, Prince George B.C., V2M-1G4 or by email: . No phone calls please. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. All applications must be received by Friday February 22nd, 2019.
Deadline:February 22, 2019
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.