The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has an exciting and rare opportunity for a wildly talented and driven Program Director to join our team in Vancouver. Reporting to the General Manager of the Vancouver Division you will play a very important role in leading both 93.7 JR Country and 102.7 THE PEAK to new heights. You will lead both brands on air and digital experience, be responsible for talent, content and programming. This is a leadership role and requires a proven track record in radio programming and multi-platform content creation.
- Ensure station complies with CRTC regulations and having in-depth knowledge of the CBSC codes
- Develop and execute the day to day and long-term programming strategy for the radio station in conjunction with the senior programming team.
- Will lead the local content team to create and curate content on multiple platforms including FM, digital and mobile.
- Coaching, development and recruitment of on-air talent, production, programming and promotions staff
- Coordinate Promotions, Sales and Creative teams with respect to promotions, contests, marketing and advertising
- Work in conjunction with Director of Programming, Programming and Sales in support of local, national and corporate business goals to increase market share and revenue.
- Manage programming budget
- Maintain competitive market knowledge and awareness
- Keep current on web/social media and other alternative revenue opportunities
DESIRED SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in programming management
- Proven track record in developing and growing brands
- Demonstrable experience in developing talent and content creation team
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyse ratings and research data, make business decisions based on analysis; sound judgement and quality decision-making skills
Please send your resume and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by August 16, 2019 to:
Mark Patric/Ross Winters
93.7 JR Country/102.7 THE PEAK
#300 – 1401 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6H 1C9
Deadline:August 16, 2019
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.