Program Director/On Air Host
Position: Full Time
Reports to: General Manager
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has a rare opportunity for a talented and driven Program Director to join our team in the East Kootenays. The selected candidate will play a very important role in leading both Total Country B-104 and The Kootenay’s Best Rock The Drive. The candidate will lead both brands on air and digital experience, be responsible for talent, content and programming.
- Ensuring stations comply with CRTC regulations
- Have in-depth knowledge of CBSC codes for broadcasting
- Developing and executing the day to day and long-term programming strategy for our four frequencies and in conjunction with the Director of Programming
- Coaching, development and recruitment of on-air staff
- Development of promotions in conjunction with the General Manager & Creative team
- Ongoing assessment and quality control of the on-air product
- Maintaining competitive market knowledge and awareness
- Hosting an interactive and compelling daily on-air shift on The Drive
- Leading the local team in creating and curating content on multiple platforms including FM, digital and mobile
What we need from you:
- Experience in programming management and on-air work
- Experience in developing talent and content creation
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Great communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- A desire to grow and grow your career as a PD
The East Kootenay region is a truly remarkable place to live. An hour away from the USA, a short drive to Alberta, and outdoor recreation options that rival anywhere else in Canada are just a few of the perks of living here.
Please email your resume, cover letter, a short on-air demo and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by Aug 28th 2019 to:
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, Cranbrook
Deadline:August 28, 2019
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.