Promotions Director and Operations
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, Canada’s largest Western-based Radio and Television Company has an exciting opportunity to join our Edmonton team as up! 99.3’s Promotion Director.
Shift: Daytime (with occasional evenings and weekends)
Length of Contract: June 15, 2020 – September 15, 2021 (maternity leave)
Travel Requirements: Light (within Edmonton)
Posting Category: Station Promotions & Office Operations
Reports To: Program Director of up! 99.3
- Developing and executing/implementing station and sales-driven promotions, contests and events.
- Research, develop and implement revenue-facing and cost-saving opportunities for station and sales initiatives
- Creating, editing and managing annual calendar of stations promotions, events and content inventory (promos, liners, PSAs etc.)
- Organizing and attending weekly meetings for promotion activations, requests etc.
- Maintaining the brand of up! 99.3 online and in the community.
- Creating, editing and managing the station’s promotional marketing and advertising materials (i.e. signage, station equipment, station vehicles, prizing etc.)
- Providing branding direction and guidance to internal and external clients
- Supporting the on-air hosts and clients in the continued pursuit of positive engagement and connection with our brand and listeners online, at the office and at events.
- Organizing and implementing station participation and presence at on/off-site station, sales-based and community events, broadcasts and remotes
- Street team coordination including training and scheduling for on-site appearances (remotes, events etc.)
- Creating wrap reports of station and sales-based events and promotions
- Managing part-time payroll, office payables and contest cheque accounts and petty cash/receipts.
- Maintaining and ordering stock/office supplies
- Chairing a variety of office committees
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends when needed)
- Punctual and detail orientated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work well under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and knowledge of posting to various social media platforms
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must hold a valid Alberta full Class 5 drivers license and provide a driver’s abstract
- Responsible, reliable, trustworthy and able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Basic knowledge of HTML code is ideal, but not required
- Graphic design skills including use of Adobe Creative Cloud is ideal
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in event-based marketing an asset
- Radio/Television background is ideal, but not required
- Post-secondary education in broadcasting or related fields would be considered an asset
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by April 17, 2020 to:
Program Director, up! 99.3
#102, 9894 42 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB, T6E 5V5
Deadline:April 17, 2020
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.