Promotions Director & Digital Manager
Here is a rare and exciting opportunity at our Nanaimo and Oceanside radio stations. Are you a positive, outgoing person? Being involved in the community and having fun? Are you a team player, maybe even a captain? What about strong organization, time management and social media skills? If you answered yes, then let’s talk!
In this role, you’re expected to work and be a part of a team. Creating and building on-air and online promotions, seeing them through from beginning to end, including creating visual graphics, managing websites and social media platforms.
General duties and expectations:
• Creatively organize and execute station and news portal promotions and marketing initiatives.
• Develop promotional concepts that are designed to build audience and/or generate sales.
• Work with community organizations to assist them in the promotion and awareness of their non-profit community events.
• Liaise with Sales Department to coordinate client involvement in any station promotions.
• Have a great attitude and work closely with Sales, Programming and Clients
• Attend station and community events and voice cut-ins as required.
• Help maintain the promo inventory for Nanaimo and Parksville stations.
• Manage and maintain social media accounts as well as creating contesting opportunities.
• Recruit and train seasonal (summer) staff
• Assist with on-site set-ups/activations/broadcasts and staff/volunteer coordination when necessary
• Reliable, organized and punctual.
• Self-motivated, energetic, a people person with a positive attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
• Basic computer skills – bonus points for Photoshop and Illustrator!
• Knowledge of social media.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean diver’s abstract.
• Loves being a part of team and HAVING FUN!!!
Please send your Resume and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by March 22, 2019.
Deadline:March 22, 2019
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.