EverythingGP, Big Country and Q99 are looking for a radio and online journalist to join our team. You’ll be expected to generate story ideas, accurately gather information, and then produce and present your stories to our audience in a timely fashion. This is a full-time position.
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) in journalism or diploma from a recognized broadcast school;
- Excellent research, writing and presentation skills;
- Strong Social Media skills;
- Ability to work as a member of a team and on your own;
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines;
- A Driver’s Licence (abstract required for interview);
- Camera and video editing skills are a bonus.
You can find us on air at Big Country 93.1 and Q99 FM and online at EverythingGP.com.
Grande Prairie is a city of about 70,000. It offers all the conveniences of a big city, without the big city inconveniences. Our city is growing and thriving, and here your news career can too.
Please send a resume, samples of your work and the completed New Applicant Self ID Form to: Sheena Roszell, JPBG-GP News Director, 202-9817 101 Avenue, Grande Prairie A.B., T8V 0X6 or by email: . No phone calls please. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. All applications must be received by Sunday, February 18, 2018.