The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, the dominant online news source in Central and Northern Saskatchewan, is expanding and adding a new online portal and we want you to be our next star Reporter. You’ll be based out of Melfort and part of the largest newsroom in the region. This position is ideal for a hardworking, self-starting and independent individual who wants a hand in the entire process of news production for the region. The ideal candidate will have the ability to conform to the ever-changing needs of our readers and listeners by engaging them in rich content and offering news they need to know efficiently and effectively within the digital realm. The responsibilities include generating news and feature stories for radio, web and video for our new portal and existing portals. Weekend shifts and other duties as assigned may also be required.
You may be the Reporter we’re looking for if:
- you understand the importance of “local” in local news and radio and bring ideas to work every day
- you have a degree, diploma or equivalent experience from a recognized broadcast program
- sound knowledge of Canadian Press style
- you can present compelling content with personality
- you’re passionate about news and adept at all platforms, including engagement on the web and social media
- ability to go on air
- you have solid writing skills
- willing to perform other duties as needed
- valid driver’s licence
Please send your resume, broadcast demo, writing examples, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by October 15, 2017.
Director of Digital News Content
paNOW / battlefordsNOW / meadowlakeNOW
1711 100th Street
North Battleford, SK
Deadline:October 15, 2017
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.