Do you thrive on finding information beyond the obvious story? Are you able to generate original and engaging content that keeps your readers coming back for more? If so, the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group is looking for a news-junkie to join our team in Meadow Lake. The successful candidate will generate content for meadowlakeNOW.com and associated community web portals. This is a full-time position.
- Write stories and features with local focus
- Interview and communication skills, able to form relationships (i.e. contact relationships)
- Take original photographs/video
- Move our written product seamlessly to Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Broadcast daily news updates as needed
- Degree in Journalism or equivalent
- Strong writing and grammar skills (knowledge of CP style)
- Have experience in the field of journalism
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle
- Have experience with photography and video
- Experience in on-air news broadcast would be beneficial but not necessary
Please send your resume, writing samples, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by April 22, 2017.
battlefordsNOW.com / meadowlakeNOW.com
1050 CJNB, 102.3 CJNS, Q98, 93.3 the Rock
Deadline:April 22, 2017
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.