Do you have a passion for telling stories, thrive under pressure, and have the desire to bring the most compelling stories to viewers? The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group in Medicine Hat has an exciting opportunity for a Reporter/Digital Journalist.
- Generate original story ideas daily
- Produce compelling content for radio, television, and our digital news site
- Establish and maintain contacts
- Shoot quality news content
- Be active on our social media platforms
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a small market television newsroom
- Demonstrated ability to write creatively and incorporate the use of sound into stories
- Excellent video journalism skills
- Ability to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct web copy
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts including weekends.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and recent demo tape by
February 27th to:
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Medicine Hat
Deadline:February 27, 2017
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.