The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Technical Services Team supports and maintains 47 radio stations and 3 television stations in Western Canada.
We have created a new position, Technical Manager, at The Zone 91.3 and 100.3 The Q, in Victoria BC and are looking for a creative, self-motivated individual who enjoys a challenge, needs little supervision, has management experience and wants to join a team of highly trained and experienced technicians then we want to hear from you.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Support the technical operation of 2 radio stations.
- Lead and provide support and direction for the local technical team.
- Work with and support a team of talented and highly successful staff members of the Victoria Stations.
- Maintenance, repair and installation of radio studio and transmission equipment, computer equipment and associated servers and networks.
- Maintenance of new AXIA AoIP plant, WOAFR on air system, Music Master and KLZ Newsroom.
- Develop and manage budgets for operations and CapEx for the Technical Services department.
- Assist with the design and installation of radio broadcast solutions.
- Develop and maintain technical records and drawings using Visio.
- Provide on-call support for all broadcast systems.
Qualifications in order of importance:
- Be passionate about broadcasting and enjoy going to work everyday with a can-do attitude.
- Love working with and become a part of the talented and creative team in Victoria.
- Graduate of recognized Broadcast Electronics Technician or Technologist program.
- Minimum five (5) year’s experience as broadcast technician, preferably with management experience.
- Knowledge and experience with FM transmission systems.
- Knowledge and experience with computer hardware, software and basic Local Area Networks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analysis of end-to-end workflows.
- Proficiency in maintenance and repair of studio, transmitter equipment and antenna systems.
- Detail oriented with the ability to see projects and tasks through to completion.
- The successful candidate will hold a valid driver’s license as some travel may be required.
- Be willing to learn and update your knowledge of broadcast, computer and transmission systems.
- Must be physically fit and able to carry out all duties and responsibilities safely and independently.
- Project management experience considered an asset.
Please forward your resume, supporting materials and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group new
applicant self ID Form by September 25, 2020 to:
Director, Technical Services
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group LP
Deadline:September 25, 2020
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.