The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time/maternity leave Television Writer/Producer in our Kamloops Creative Department.
- Write and produce original and effective Television creative for a variety of local clients on an assigned account list keeping in department timelines, guidelines and procedures supporting the achievement of client advertising objectives.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis regarding commercial content, approvals and marketing directions.
- administration of cart numbers, product codes and copy rotation plans in traffic to ensure commercials run correctly.
- Maintain a current knowledge of advertising regulations, current events and popular culture.
- Brainstorm, motivate and inspire fellow Writer/Producers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Positive attitude, ability to problem solve, a strong desire to achieve.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized Broadcast/Journalism Program or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong administrative skills, detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Contribute to the creative department and the stations as a team player.
Please send your Resume and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by August 23, 2019 to:
Leo Baggio, General Manager Email:
Deadline:August 23, 2019
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.