Traffic/EDP (Maternity Leave)
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Prince George is looking to fill a Traffic/EDP (Electronic Data Processing) position. This position will also include Reception duties. Anticipated employment dates are April 2019 to May 2020.
This is a demanding job requiring strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and excellent written and verbal communication. The successful applicant will be willing to learn, have a positive attitude and be able to work in an unsupervised capacity or in a team setting.
The successful applicant must:
- Be willing to learn broadcast-related software that is vital to the smooth operation of our radio and TV stations. Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic (or other broadcast traffic system) a definite advantage!
- Have strong attention to detail and the initiative to problem solve in a structured environment
- Be able to function well in a busy environment with frequent interruptions that will require the ability to remain organized and on task
- Be able to work with minimum supervision, while an independent member of a team
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel specifically). Familiarity with Google Documents/Spreadsheets/Calendars would be an asset
- Enjoy working with the public and have a pleasant telephone manner
- Recognize the importance of both internal and external customer service
- Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience a definite plus
The Prince George Division of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group operates two radio stations and a TV station and employs 50-60 committed and community-minded employees. Prince George is a city of 80,000 people located in the Central Interior of British Columbia. Find out more about our great city at: http://moveupprincegeorge.ca/
Please submit your resume and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by 5:00pm Wednesday, March 20, 2019 to:
Brenda Clotildes – TV Production Manager
2nd Floor – 1810 3rd Avenue
Prince George, B.C.
Deadline:March 20, 2019
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.