We are now accepting applications for the position of Writer/Producer in the CKPG TV Creative Department. If you are…
· a creative writer with experience blending cold hard facts into inspiring marketing messages
· a broadcast professional familiar with all aspects of television production
· eager to work with professionals who take heavy workloads and short deadlines in stride
· an organized and versatile communicator
…THEN WE WANT YOU!
Reporting to the Television Production Manager, your main responsibilities will be to develop successful campaigns and commercials for the retail clients of our stations, as well as handling other types of video production. Secondary responsibilities will include shooting, editing and assistance on live newscasts. Our writers are expected to be strong team players, committed to working with account executives, videographers, editors and other station personnel to effectively serve our clients in a highly competitive retail environment.
Applicants should possess a solid background in commercial writing and production for television, and have the following skills and qualifications:
- Be a graduate of a recognized Broadcast Education facility.
- Excellent creative writing skills with an aptitude for doing old things in new ways.
- Proficiency with Final Cut and Photoshop a must.
- Superior communication and problem solving skills.
- Customer service/marketing skills.
- Ability to do own shooting and lighting when necessary.
- A broad base of general knowledge.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
This position requires a person with the desire to improve our on-air presentation through creativity, innovation and hard work. This person will exhibit the will and desire to learn new skills through personal initiative, and will be willing to share that knowledge with others.
The Prince George Division of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group operates two radio stations, a digital portal, and a TV station and employs 50-60 committed and community-minded employees. The television facility produces and broadcasts in high-definition. Prince George is a city of 80,000 people located in the Central Interior of British Columbia. Find out more about our great city at: http://moveupprincegeorge.ca/
Please submit your resume and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by 5:00pm on Friday, January 24, 2020 to:
Steven Cote – CKPG TV Production Manager
2nd Floor – 1810 3rd Avenue
Prince George, B.C.
Deadline:January 24, 2020
Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.